Monday, June 9, 2008

Traditional Dances

Traditional dances of Malawi are my favorite part of Malawian culture. Within the Chichewa culture there are traditional dances known as the Gule Wamkulu, shown here in my pictures. An amazing display of complete raw emotion and passions of the dancers.Learn more about Chewa http://www.peoplesoftheworld.org/hosted/chewa/index.jsp

People living in my village and many villages near my house are never short on reasons for dancing. Living along the south Lake shore and more specific with in the Salima district, the culture is predominately Muslim. Many Malawians living in my village belong to the Yao tribe. Malawian culture is amazing and diverse experience. With many frustrations and success, I am learning more and more everyday. When I finally get a Camera I hope to share more of my experiences and pictures living with Yao culture.



No comments: