Sunday, February 17, 2008

! SEND MAIL !

It’s finally coming down the wire!! I leave in 4 DAYS…but who’s counting! I highly encourage sending me mail! A few people have been asking me about sending toys and candies to people in the villages and I think there will be an appropriate time for that in the near future but at this time I want to focus on learning everything I can about the new environment that I am immersing myself in. My communications might be limited to the states while I am in training, so I am sure that I would be overly ecstatic to receive mail from all of you. Mail usually takes 2-3 weeks to get to Malawi, so if you send me anything, don’t expect a hasty return letter. Packages take 2-3 months and sometimes longer. If you do send anything in a package, make sure that it’s not expensive and the more padding, the better. Send pictures, games and anything that you think will put a smile on my face!!

This address will be a great way to stay in touch with me for the first three months of training:

Kirk Longstein, PCV
PEACE CORPS/MALAWI
BOX 208
LILONGWE
MALAWI

This address will work well if sending packages via DHL and need an expedited delivery:

Kirk Longstein, PCV
C/O U.S. PEACE CORPS MALAWI
AREA 4 PLOT 70
ACROSS FROM OILCOM DEPOT
LILONGWE
MALAWI

You’ll also need to include the Peace Corps/Malawi phone number: 256-1-757-157।

Thanks folks, for all your love and support...hopefully I got a chance to say goodbye to everybody but if not do hesitate to drop me a line!

6 comments:

Bill, Matt, and Brittany said...

Good luck in Malawi Kirk! We will be thinking of you.



-Bill, Matt, and Brittany Kasper

Jones Family said...

Live each day to the fullest, have a great adventure. We all will be following your journey.

Conace Sr., Ann, Wendi & CJ

Nikki said...

yo Kirk!
im a current malawi PCV. we're sitting around hoping you want to do us a favor (or two) we'd love some smut (maxim, star, us weekly, you know, those trashy magazines)new harry potter candy and root beer. im half serious. see you at the airport. cheers!
paige

Nikki said...

we also want you to bring

high hopes
ideals
a fine black man
a soul mate (again)
a valentine (no problem that its late)
cuban sandwiches

find us on facebook (the group is called peace corps malawi or something like that)

MOM said...

Hi Kirk -

You will soon be departing to Malawai!

You have waited a long time for this day ---
look forward to hearing your stories and sharing in your adventure as well as the photos!!!

Love you lots....

mom

Auntie Jeannie said...

I am very proud of you. Be safe and stay well. I will be thinking about you. Love you!d